Estrellita High School students are expected to be:
Effective communicators who:
1. Demonstrate proficiency in interpersonal skills, in both academic and community settings.
2. Communicate ideas in a responsible and respectful manner.
Self-directed learners who:
1. Work effectively both independently and with other members of a team or group.
2. Create and use an educational plan to set personal, academic, and career goals based on individual strengths and interests.
3. Exhibit effective work habits that include regular attendance and effective time management to accomplish progress towards educational goals.
Technologically literate individuals who:
1. Access, process, and utilize information using technological tools, including computers.
2. Use technology to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills needed for future employment.
Reading, Writing and Mathematically proficient learners who:
1. Meet and/or exceed proficiency in California State Standards.
2. Connect ideas and apply skills across the curriculum to accomplish tasks.
Open-minded citizens who:
1. Respect a variety of cultures, languages, and gender issues.
2. Demonstrate personal integrity and assume responsibility for decisions and actions. Demonstrate knowledge of the democratic process and function effectively in a diverse society.